So now that it has been a year, it is about time for me to update the blog. So I am starting with something really cool that happened yesterday and then I will work back in time from here (I hope!) over the next few weeks.
On April 26th, 2008 President Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced the site for the future Gilbert Arizona Temple. Well two and half years later and a lot of red tape the ground breaking ceremony was yesterday. The Temple will be our neighbor. Check this out...
On April 26th, 2008 President Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced the site for the future Gilbert Arizona Temple. Well two and half years later and a lot of red tape the ground breaking ceremony was yesterday. The Temple will be our neighbor. Check this out...
We are on the same city block!!!

The girls and I went to the event, as Tyce and J.D. had other commitments. It was pretty cool. I was overcome with emotion as we sang the Spirit of God with 7,500 plus people. Very cool and I hope memorable for the girls. Here are some pictures.
Click here to learn more about the Gilbert Temple.

The Golden Shovels.
"The Dirt" they turned with the gold shovels.
A view of the temple site.


6 comments:
Wow! Very cool - I would like to live on the same City Block as you and the Temple ;-) I'm glad to see you blogging! LOVES!
We can't wait! How fun to be so close! ... great to see you on the blog again... :0)
So exciting! The value of your house just doubled, congrats! And welcome back to the wonderful world of blogging!
Yay you're back!!
I lived across the street from the Rexburg temple my last 2 semesters of school. I miss it!
Glad they are finally starting the construction!
That is so great!!! I am so excited for you guys....I am also happy to click to your blog and not see Yo Gabba Gabba any more:)
It's about time! Not that I have any room to talk! Just keep blogging...just keep blogging!
Post a Comment