The story of Reese!
I went into labor at about 3:30am on the morning of August 14th. I layed in bed timing the contractions and finally told J.D. that I was in labor around 5:00am. I was nervious to tell him, life was still a little undecided and it was the first day of school for the kids, and we were hoping we had a few more days to pull things together. I was very worried about the kids getting to school on the first day at a new school. J.D. was so excited and confident that it would all work out just fine. So J.D. made the kids lunches and took Asey and headed to school to drop the kids off, and my sister came to pick me up to take me to the hospital. When we got there they took me right in. J.D. made it to the hospital and my sister and he tag teamed and she took Asey for us. Long story short after an epidural and a few hours the Dr. broke my water and I went from a 6 to a 10 in 20 minutes and Reese was born 18 minutes after that. She is such a great baby! She fits in perfect with the Dockstader crew. Jagen is the best helper, and always willing to hold Reese. Tyce's first question was "Who decided it was going to be a girl? I thought we wanted a boy!" , but he has adjusted and is going to be quite the protective brother to his three sisters. As for Asey, well in her own words "I just love that little baby. She is so cute!!!" So that is how Reese joined our family in a nutshell.
Most of you that will read this hopefully got our birth announcement, and to answer your question...I made the tee shirt with an iron on that I printing off the computer.


1 comment:
She's sooooooo CUTE!!! It was so fun to hold her and snuggle her this past weekend! Glad she made it here O.K.
Post a Comment